The Loudoun Soil & Water Conservation District is offering a limited number of mini-grants (up to $500 each) to Loudoun County teachers. The Mini-Grants are intended for projects that integrate soil & water conservation into any curriculum.
Criteria for Mini-Grant:
* Addresses soil and water conservation and environmental education objectives.
* Increases awareness about natural resources.
* Presents a specific, feasible plan of action to accomplish well defined, short term and long term results.
* Develops new or expands use of existing educational resources.
* Offers the potential to serve as a model for use in other schools or classrooms.
* Applications will be received up to 5:00pm, Friday, November 1, 2013.
* The Loudoun Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors will review mini-grant proposals and award funding to successful candidates.
*Notification of grant awards will be made in December 2013.
*Grant recipients must complete the proposed project within the timeline stated in their grant proposal and recipients must submit a final report outlining their project achievements by June 30, 2014.
Procedure to Apply:
Complete the Grant Application Form. All applicants must use the format provided on the 2013-14 Mini-Grant Program Application Form. Submit the completed application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
or mail to: Loudoun Soil & Water Conservation District; 30 Catoctin Circle, SE. Suite H; Leesburg, VA 20175 (Proposals can also be sent through the county pony mail system to Loudoun SWCD-MSC#95).
For more information, please contact Pat McIlvaine, firstname.lastname@example.org , (571)918-4530, ext. 104 or Suzie Brown, email@example.com, (571) 918-4530, ext. 105.
Proposals must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, November 1, 2013.